so that 以便;为了
我读更多的书,以便我能赶上我的同学.
I read more books so that I can catch up with my classmates.
我们努力学习是为了我们能有一个好的未来
We study hard so that we can have a good future.
我起得早是为了能赶上早一点的班车.
I got up early so that I could catch the early bus.
请打开窗户以便我们能呼吸新鲜空气.
Please open the window so that we can breathe fresh air.
你现在一定要走是为了不迟到.
You must go now so that you won't be late.
小男孩节省每一个硬币是为了他能在母亲节给他妈妈买一份礼物.
The little boy saved every coin so that he could buy his mother a present on Mother's day.
她在网上购买了一部数码相机以便她想节省很多时间.
She bought a digital camera online so that she would save a lot of time.
我把所有的事实都告诉你,使你能自己作出判断.
I’ll give you all the facts so that you can judge for your self.
说得清楚些,使得他们能听懂你的意思.
Speak clearly, so that they may understand you.
so...that... 如此(太)……以致……
我太累了,以致我一吃完晚饭就去睡觉了.
I was so tired that I went to bed as soon as I ate the supper.
她太漂亮了以致很多人喜欢她.
She is so beautiful that many people like her.
咖啡太热了以致于我现在不能喝.
The coffee is so hot that I can't drink now.
她如此年轻以致她不能照顾好她自己.
She is so young that she can't look after herself.
男孩跑得太快了以致我不能追上他.
The boy ran so fast that I couldn't catch him.
他太饿了以致他不能说一个字.
He was so angry that he couldn't say a word.
男人太强壮了以致他可以抬起这个重箱子.
The man is so strong that he can lift the heavy box.
他太聪明了以致他可以理解我讲了什么.
He was so clever that he can understand what I siad.
箱子太轻了以致他能背起它.
The box is so light that he can carry it.