Can you ______the differences between these two words?A.say

1个回答

  • tell,有“辨别并告知”的意思,而其他动词,只有“说出,讲出”的意思及物动词 vt.

    1. 告诉;讲述,说[O1][O5][O6][(+about/of/to)]

    He told us how the accident happened.

    他告诉我们那次事故是怎么发生的.

    She told me that she would be back in an hour.

    她告诉我她一个小时内就会回来.

    Did he tell you when to start out?

    他有没有告诉你什么时候出发?

    I told her my telephone number before we parted.

    我们分手前,我把电话号码告诉了她.

    2. 吩咐,命令[O2][O6]

    Tell him not to come tomorrow.

    叫他明天别来.

    I told her to wait.

    我叫她等一等.

    3. 显示,显露[O5][O6]

    She cracked a smile that told her joy.

    她绽出笑容,显露内心的欢乐.

    4. 识别;辨别[O5][O6][O][(+from/apart)]

    I really can't tell which is which.

    我实在看不出哪个是哪个.

    5. (常用过去时)忠告,警告[Y][O2][+(that)]

    I told you not to do that, and now look what's happened!

    我警告过你不要干此事,你瞧现在出事了.

    6. 向...告发[(+on)]

    不及物动词 vi.

    1. 讲述[(+of/about)]

    The book tells of his sister's life in Japan.

    这本书谈及他妹妹在日本的生活情况.

    2. 识别;判定

    It's too early to tell.

    现在要作出判断为时过早.

    3. 产生效果;发生影响[(+on)]

    Strain began to tell on his health.

    过度劳累开始影响他的健康.

    4. 【口】告发[(+on)]