oh可用来表示惊奇、恐慌、痛苦、懊恼、高兴等:
"I'm a teacher." "Oh?Where?" “我是教师.”“是吗?在哪里教书?”(惊奇)
"Oh no!" she cried as she began to read the letter.“啊不可能!”她开始看信时惊叫道.(惊恐)
Oh,how terrible!啊,多可怕!(恐慌)
Oh,aren't these flowers gorgeous!哇,这些花真漂亮!(赞叹)
She got the job?Oh great!她找到工作了?那太好了!(高兴)
Oh,what a pity!啊,真遗憾!(遗憾)
Oh,please don't ask me any more.啊,请不要再问我了.(恳求)
在回答问题时,或在呼语前,有时加oh,并无特别意思:
"What time are you going into town?" "Oh,I haven't decided yet." “你什么时候进城?”“嗯,我还没决定.”
Oh yes,I will.是的,我会的.
Oh Pam,can you come over here for a minute?啊,帕姆,你能过来一会吗?
Oh,Simon,take this letter to the post,would you?啊,西蒙,把这封信发掉好吗?
ah编辑本段回目录表示惊奇、恐惧、高兴、痛苦、恳求、松一口气等:
Well,here we are at last!好了,我们终于到了!(欣慰)
Well,who would have thought of it?嗨,谁会想到呀?(惊奇)
Well,what shall we do next?嗯,我们下一步怎么办?(犹疑)
Well,that's the only thing I can do now.哎,目前只好这样.(无奈)
Well,thank goodness you've arrived.谢天谢地你到了.(欣慰)
Well,well—I would never guessed it.嗯,真是意想不到.(惊异)
还可用来表示同意、犹疑、思考、等待回答、结束谈话等:
Well,you may be right.嗯,你可能是对的.
Very well then,I'll accept the offer.很好嘛,我将接受这个提议.
"Do you want to come?" "Well,I'm not sure." “你想来吗?”“嗯,我不能肯定.”
I think it happened,well,towards the end of last summer.我想,嗯,这是去年夏末发生的.
Well,are you going to tell us or not?嗨,你到底打不打算告诉我们?
Well,I'd better be going now.好了,我最好走吧.